* For every 20 Euros received as Support, one VER is retired permanently. (Smaller amounts will be aggregated.)
* Every 5 Euros received is equivalent to 1 month of cleaner cooking.
VERs are a very cool metric for measuring successful stove distribution, user-training and on-going maintenance because of the Gold Standard* auditing system.
The Hestian Project’s stoves are funded via a Greenhouse Gas Reduction system. The better local entrepreneurs perform, the more they are rewarded. We think it’s a really clever and innovative system. Click here to learn more..
The stoves replace traditional 3 Stone Fires.
It’s really a Quadruple Whammy:
- Health benefits from less household smoke
- Job creation for 1000’s of women in rural areas of Africa
- Fuel cost and labour savings for 10,000s of ultra-low-income families
- Environment saving though Greenhouse Gas Reductions and natural resource preservation
This method of development funding is really clever because it is results based and not aspirational.